Let's laugh more. Let's not take ourselves so DAMN seriously. I want more smiles and laughter, don't you? I don't want to get "deep" or "figure it all out." I don't want to examine myself or anyone else. I don't think I will ever figure it out. I would rather focus on the here and now. I want to talk about dreams and plans. I want to be kind and work hard. I want to help make a difference in as many ways as I can. I want joy. I want hugs. I want to give and receive love. I want to make JOY happen.
I'm ready to put July behind me. It was a stressful month. Erik had pneumonia, work was crazy for both of us, so juggling a sick child made it all the more fun. We are ready to get out of town and enjoy some time away. But before we leave, Pedar was able to finish the huge gate/fence project. Just a few more finishing touches and it is done! We went to the dump this morning and cleaned up the side yard of wood and junk, and that felt awesome!
You know how I love lists?? I made one back in April that had this stuff on it:
1. Finish Will and Living Trust.
2. Paver project around the pool. Build fence around pool equipment.
3. Fence/ Gate project!
4. Keep cleaning yard and garage.
5. Go to Hawaii
We did it all!! Heck yeah!!!
I'm hugging it out with August!
Pedar really is the BEST Dad. He is a hard working, fixer-upper/handyman, art creator, meal-preparer, excellent hugger, RC plane flier, garden maker and dream weaver. We all adore you. You are SO LOVED.
Today is the day to say THANK YOU to the Dad's or Father figure in your life. Tell them you love them and appreciate them. Thank you Dad for your love and support. Thank you Jim for Pedar. I want to wish so many Dad's a great day! Keep up the good work.
Please join me at Mama's Night Out to benefit Unravel pediatric cancer. Watching my friends Kelly and Erin grieve the loss of their nine-year-old son Sawyer has inspired me to raise money and awareness for pediatric cancer. Kelly asked her friends to not be sorry, but to be active. This is my second Mama's Night Out. This year I am on the planning committee and I can assure you it is going to be a great time.
Buy your ticket here!
Date: April 29, 2017 Location: The Willow Ballroom, 10724 River Road, Hood, CA Time: 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Grab your girlfriends, dust off your little black dress and come together to raise money for Unravel Pediatric Cancer!
- Have some delicious appetizers, or skip those and go right to dessert. (It’s your night, you can do that!)
- Buy some raffle tickets and enter to win some great prizes just for you.
- Learn more about pediatric cancer and how coming to the event makes a difference to the 36 children who get diagnosed with cancer every day.
- It will be the most fun you will ever have for a good cause! I can’t wait to see you all there!.
Next week is the last week of summer until school starts. I am so grateful to our grandparents, Melissa and Brad and Melanie for helping the kids have a good time these last eight weeks. Casey and Erik enjoyed camps for soccer, rock climbing, Camp Winthers, art and finally vacation bible school. The boys are looking forward to finding out who their teachers will be for second and sixth grade and what kids will be in their class. We are excited for another great year at Mission.