Let's have better conversations
I loved this article from Dave Ramsey about 15 ways to make small talk this Thanksgiving. Remember the golden rule: If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. We all have something in common, even if it is just that we both like mashed potatoes!! 1. Who were you named after? Share a little bit about that person.
2. What’s the most profound lesson someone taught you?
3. What’s your favorite U.S. town or city and why?
4. If someone gave you a free plane ticket to anywhere, where would you go and why?
5. What’s your favorite quote? What does it mean to you?
6. What’s a family tradition you look forward to every year?
7. If someone gave you a $1,000 gift card, what store would it be for and what would you buy?
8. What’s the first book/movie you ever remember reading/seeing?
9. Embarrass a family member with a funny story from their childhood (like goofy nicknames).
10. What life accomplishment are you most proud of?
11. What’s the most unfortunate thing you ever spent money on?
12. What do you most admire about each person at the table?
13. If you could drive any car you wanted, what would it be and why?
14. What’s the worst job you ever had? Why?
15. If you could invent a new superhero, what would he or she be called? What would his or her superpowers be?