I really didn't want to be an adult today. I wanted to stay home, work out, make a smoothie and then maybe even organize a closet or two or start painting a room. Yeah, cleaning and painting the house sounds so much better than going into work. I wanted to enjoy my house without anyone in it. I didn't want to get my work clothes on and actually work. This wet weather just makes me feel a little sad. I have to PUSH myself to stay positive. I literally fake it until I feel better. I know that if I walked around like Eeyore I wouldn't be helpful to anyone.
Here are ten ways I trick myself into feeling like Suzy Sunshine:
- Listen to Louis Prima on Pandora, or whatever makes you happy. Music is a great mood lifter!
- Dress a little nicer than normal. Spend a bit more time on your look.
- Pretend to LOVE working. I am pretending to LOVE writing a script for a new video project. "Man! This is the best damn project ever!"
- Sing, "The Sun will come out tomorrow!" It will. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon. Sing whatever song makes you laugh.
- Watch videos of cute puppies.
- Tell a funny story, maybe one you haven't shared before. Ask someone to share a funny story with you.
- Exercise! Put on your bathing suit and exercise in it if you need motivation! Because swimming in a dress is weird, or so I have been told. So rude.
- Eat well. Drink a lot of water.
- Close your eyes, smile and imagine your heart is a huge smile. Now send that smile out to friends and family.
- Hug your person or your child longer than usual. Ask them if they want to play a game. Do what they want to do. Making someone else happy feels good.
I'm wrapping you all in a virtual hug right now. Hope something wonderful happens to you today!