Like a muscle that has to be worked, creating an attitude of gratitude take a lot of practice. Choosing to not complain or be bitter or resentful, is WORK. Choosing to let things go and move forward in a positive direction without dragging 200 pounds of negativity and anger with you is work. It just SLOWS us down and keeps us stuck. I don't want to be stuck. I want to be light and happy and make some magic happen. I can work on focusing my monkey brain on beautiful moments and positive people that help me be grateful. Because today is March 15, I choose 15 items to share with you! Here goes nothing!!
I am grateful...
- I can move my body easily and without pain.
- for grandparents that help with the boys. We need you and we appreciate you.
- for my job. I have a sense of purpose that I didn't have before. I am helping with a mission that I believe in with my whole heart.
- for friends that make me laugh and check in.
- for my husband who encourages me to dream big and take care of myself.
- for my car. Especially on rainy days when I see parents with kids at the bus stop.
- for my Curly. He is just so wonderful!
- for our home. It provides me with so much peace and security.
- for music! Thank you, Pandora.
- for coffee.
- for exercise. I love working in a building with eight floors. Love walking the steps everyday.
- for walks with my family. I don't like the time change, but being able to walk after work last night in the daylight, was wonderful.
- for Kevin Hart. He makes me snort.
- for comedians like Tina Fey, Amy Schumer, Megan Mullally and Melissa McCarthy and so many more.
- for podcasts. They make my commute so much better and I feel like I am feeding my brain and soul.
Hope your gratitude list is easy to make as well! Here is a kiss for you!!